8 Things to Do Before You Say, “I Do”
Make getting dressed in your wedding gown, from head to toe, go smoothly on your wedding day. Most wedding shops press and stuff your wedding gown to prevent wrinkling, but here are some tips about what to do once you take your wedding gown home.
- Take your weddiing gown out of the garment bag if the bag is plastic and hang your wedding gown where it will be safe from children or pets. Wrap it in a clean sheet to protect it from light and dust.
- Make a list of everything you will need the day of the wedding–including things for emergencies. Look here for ways to treat spills on your wedding gown the day of the wedding. Emergency Gown Care. If you are dressing in your wedding gown away from home, double-check your list before you leave the house.
- Several days before the wedding, look over your wedding gown and wedding accessories and make sure everything is ready to wear. Hang your veil near the shower to smooth any wrinkles or let a Specialist help you. Visit here to read about free pressing for your wedding gown from a Specialist.
- Wear your shoes around the house so you will be comfortable the day of the wedding. You might even rub the soles of your shoes against a sidewalk or other rough surface to make them less slippery.
- Arrange for someone (two “someones” are even better) without a fresh manicure or dark polish to help you dress in your wedding gown. Or hire a professional dresser who will take responsibility for your wedding gown all day and make sure you are dressed perfectly in a wedding gown that is not creased or wrinkled and is bustled properly.
- Make sure you know how to bustle your wedding gown and show whoever is helping you dress how to do it, too. Pin five or six safety pins to the underside of your wedding gown. They will not show, and you will be glad they are handy if your bustle loops break.
- Allow plenty of time to get dressed in your wedding gown. Allow even more time if it is raining.
- Worth repeating–allow plenty of time to get dressed in your wedding gown. Allow even more time if it is raining.
- Most important, remember to relax and enjoy every minute of your special day because your wedding day will go buy all too quickly!